Monday, April 6, 2009

A PERFECT DAY

Despite thick clouds and a killer head cold, this is still a perfect day. The Stock Market lost it's grip on my happiness and security, and CNN can't hold my peace of mind hostage today. And why, you ask? Because, as I predicted last Friday, my heart is still reverberating with messages of hope and peace after watching the Spring Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

It may sound simplistic to some, but I know that God intended us to be happy despite adversity. Perhaps especially during it. And knowing that we have a Heavenly Father and a Savior who loves and knows us makes all society's nay saying and hand wringing mere annoyances.

Are things bad? Looks like it. But there is help. And there is a Plan. There always has been, and this weekend we saw portions critical for our time unfolded. Over thirty inspired voices offered hope by reciting the Lord's promises and by reminding us of ours.

For me, the counsel fell into a few simple categories:

1. Hard times are here and harder times may yet come, but we can endure happily if we get out of debt and curb our wants.

2. We will need to help one another, and that includes sharing the Gospel message of hope in Christ with others.

3. Take refuge in places of peace--the Lord's holy Temples, and in our homes.

I hope you'll enjoy the clip, posted below, on why Mormons build temples. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If I can't help you, I'll help you find the answer. Remember, joy is the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT