It's hotter than Hades here in Maryland, so I assume lots of families are hunkering down by the A/C and getting a little stir crazy. Here's a little word puzzle to help you pass the time. No, it's not about American history, but it's a fun play on words, and I do love words!
This would make a fun Family Night quiz or a teaser at a family reunion. Offer a prize. Put a free dinner on the line! Decode these and send your answer list to me by Friday, July 30 at firstname.lastname@example.org. If I draw your entry, I'll send your family a "cool" toy! Here goes!
CAN YOU DECODE THESE PHRASES?
1. SHOCK CUSSED TOE (PERSON)
2. SAND TACKLE LAWS (FICTIONAL CHARACTER)
3. MY GULCH HOARD UN (PERSON)
4. MOW BEAD HICK (BOOK)
5. TALL MISCHIEF HER SUN (PERSON)
6. CHICK HE TUB AN AN US PRODUCT)
7. THOUGH TIGHTAN HICK (THING)
8. AISLE OH VIEW (PHRASE)
9. TUB RAID HEAP HUNCH (TV SHOW)
10. CARESS TOUGHER CLUMP US (PERSON)
11. DOCKED HEARSE WHOSE (PERSON)
12. THUMB ILL KEY WAKE OWL LICK HE (PLACE)
13. AGE NT HUB BLOWS HEAVEN (FICTIONAL CHAR.)
14. THESE HOUND DOVE MOO SICK (MOVIE)
15. BUCK SPUN HE (FICTIONAL CHARACTER)