Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A PLAYLIST FOR MOM--MUSIC THERAPY FOR DEMENTIA SUFFERERS

While doing research for The Dragons of Alsace Farm, I ran across several articles describing the positive impact music had in bringing dementia patients out of their fog. My mother is now in a shared home with other people who, like her, suffer with dementia. I decided to put the theory to practice, so I'm assembling a selection of hits from their "happy years," the forties, fifties, and sixties, the years when these octogenarians were filled with the excitement of life and love.

I'm going to play these selections for them tomorrow, and ask them to share whatever memories they conjure. Cross your fingers for us. We'll see how it goes. I'll report back.


































No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT