Monday, January 2, 2017

POST-CHRISTMAS REALITY

The holidays passed like a dream. Beautiful, fun-filled, and quickly gone. I hope yours were lovely and love-filled.

Alas, this Michael McLean song comes to mind each January 2nd.

"I cry the day
that I take the tree down
I want the season
To last all year round
And I'm dreaming of Christmases
When we'll be together again. . ."


Sadly, what remains is the holiday bulge. So here's an ode to future meal planning, sung to the very apropos, and peppy little tune--"Sugartime."

"Fruit Smoothies in the mornin',
Salad in the evening,
Chicken breast at suppertime.

Time to pay the piper,
for my dietary crime.

Puttin' way the big plates,
servin' meals on saucers,
Getting out my treadmill key.

When I see more of you all,
I'd like there to be less of me!!!!

(No guarantees. . .)

As for work, feedback on "Sweet Water" is coming in from beta-readers, and I'll be editing that book and returning to completion of "The Shell Game" once "Sweet Water" is in the hands of Gelato Books to get ready for its March release. I don't have a cover yet, but I'll post it as soon as I do.

Happy New Year! Let's make it great!




1 comment:

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT