Friday, November 13, 2009

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my obnoxiously happy, chub face showing off the first copy of Dawn's Early Light! I've been waiting for this proof copy for two days, wondering why it was taking so long to get here. I was really beginning to worry because it will take two weeks from today before the books hit the store shelves.

While I waited for the UPS man, (who by the way has been a frequent visitor since I signed up for my free-shipping trial offer), I decided to organize the gifts that had already arrived. (You know. . . even out the piles and make sure everyone has something besides socks).

I had received a few small boxes from Amazon the other day, filled with Christmas gifts--videos, etc.--and the UPS guy wrapped all the little packages together in a big plastic bag to keep them dry.

Fortunately, since I was feeling Christmas-sy today, (we had "ELF" on) I decided to open all the boxes and organize the gifts. Tucked in with all the Amazon packages was a small package with my book! HAPPINESS!

I also placed the first orders today. For the record, Service Drug in Delta, Utah will end up with the very first copies, and any store ordering from Brigham Distributing will soon have their copies as well, because we ordered a boat-load of books to head straight there. Seagull Book will have their order in on Monday, and Amazon will have my online page up for your Super-Saver shoppers by Thanksgiving!

Thanks to everyone who has held my hand, let me whine, and given me great advice along the bumpy path to Dawn's Early Light's printing. Thanks also to everyone celebrating this book's release. Here she sits with the rest of the Free Men and Dreamers "family"--Dark Sky at Dawn, Twilight's Last Gleaming, and now, Dawn's Early Light. Together they tell a wonderful story about the generation that followed the Founding Fathers, the first American-born generation, the warriors of the War of 1812.

Even now, as voices raise in defense of our threatened Constitution, read about another time when divisions and strifes within our people caused this sacred document, and our republic, to hang by a thread. This was a great generation . . . they were Free Men and Dreamers!

Dawn's Early Light is coming to a store near you! I hope you love it. It's a pretty great read!

1 comment:

  1. Laurie! Congratulations! You've worked so hard for this, and I'm so very proud of all you've accomplished. I'm always watching other authors and learning from their challenges. You're one of my favorites:)
    Best,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT