Monday, June 6, 2011

THE HOLLYWOOD AGENDA

The line about "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas," no longer applies to Hollywood, at least not since author Ben Shapiro's candidly revealing book, Primetime Propaganda," and the videoed interviews with Hollywood execs upon which it is based hit the shelves and net.

Media's liberal influence on American culture through its programing and writing is no secret to most, but the arrogance with which some execs confess to Hollywood's manipulation of the national socio-political conscience shocked this writer.

Ben Shapiro pulled off the media equivalent of a Coup d-Etat when he secured permission from 39 Hollywood's members of Hollywood's elite club of producers and writers, willing to do an taped interview.

“Most of them didn’t Google me. If they had, they would have realized where I am politically,” he said. “I played on their stereotypes. When I showed up for the interviews, I wore my Harvard Law baseball cap — my name is Ben Shapiro and I attended Harvard, so there’s a 98.7 percent chance I’m a liberal. Except I happen not to be.”

The interviews are slowly being released onto the Internet. A few are already up. Some are too shocking to post without warnings, as these self-proclaimed open minds assail conservatives as "idiots" and "medieval thinkers," chuckling as they discuss how they snookered America. They openly admit only one train of thought is allowed to pull into the Hollywood station, and anyone whose ticket isn't punched "liberal" or "progressive" can't play or ride with the big boys and girls.

And don't think it's just the obvious envelope-pushers like MTV or the occasionally racy family shows like American Idol's Lady Gaga spectacle, that are setting the political and social agenda. No, no, no, my friend. It's in all of them to varying degrees, like seasoning changing the national flavor, one comment at a time.

Here are a few examples. I've ordered the book. Ladies and gentlemen, if you haven't already, you may want to walk away from your TV.





No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT