Monday, September 30, 2013

GRANDMA NUGGETS

Today's Grandma nugget:

I was doing a happy dance for the grandkids' entertainment. My grandson eyed my dance with curious attention which I acknowledged.

"Grandma isn't a very good dancer, is she, Brady?"

"Let me see it again," he suggested.

I took the movements down a notch, hoping to look less awkward. Still, he eyed me curiously with a dubious frown.
...
"I guess Grandma really can't dance very well after all," I confessed.

"No, Grandma. You're a good dancer."

A moment of deep reflection ensued, during which Brady replayed his family's most recent Family Home Evening lesson on the importance of honesty and repentance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItEsXGhcOEs

Afterwards, he gave me the best fake smile he could muster adding, "Sorry, Grandma. That was a lie."

So truth won out, and the vote came in. Grandma can still boogie, but she isn't very good.

1 comment:

  1. lol lol Out of the mouth of babes. :) It reminded me of being with my 8 year old grandson and the music was on and I started to dance and asked him to help me out because I knew he was a great dancer. (wink, wink) well he said I would grandma but you're too old and you may get hurt. lol lol
    Carol L

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT