Monday, February 27, 2012

BOOK NOOK REVIEW


RETIREMENT QUEST
by
John Hauserman

From time to time I receive requests to review books. I accept some because they sound entertaining, but this book was on a topic I needed to explore, and may prove to be the most important book I’ve read this year.

John Hauserman isn’t an author by trade. He’s a wealth manager and the CEO of Retirement Journey, LLC, who oversees the details in helping investors plan for their retirement. His book, Retirement Quest: Make Better Decisions, is a concise, easy reader on the basics of planning for secure senior years.

I wish I had gotten this book twenty years ago. Hauserman’s explanation of the hows, whys, and especially the whens of investing can help even modest savers take a few dollars and some discipline and turn them into security. But even people in the glow of those golden years will benefit from Hauserman’s strategies on planning how best to use what you’ve got, and where to place your focus.

Filled with easy-to understand charts and simple analogies, John Hauserman helps break down such confusing and sometimes frightening topics as goal setting, markets changes and risk, the stock and bond markets, and money cycles, into easy-to-understand lingo, empowering readers and helping to reduce the fear many people have over handling their money.

He begins by explaining that our generation cannot follow our parents’ financial footsteps. We live in a new world market, and it’s a tough one that requires investors to be pro-active and far-sighted. That chapter alone gave me goosebumps, and then we started discussing some serious changes we need to make in our family financial plan.

I highly recommend this book to everyone, and parents should buy copies for all their children, because as Hauserman points out, it’s never too early to begin planning for your retirement.

Retirement Quest, by John Hauserman, is available on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. How I wish I had something read like this.
    I'll definitely bring it to the attention of my older kids because they don't realize that before they know it, they'll be as old as
    "good old" Mom. lol Thanks for the recommendatiCarol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) comon Laurie.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT