Wednesday, February 8, 2017

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Anna del C. Dye and her YA Medieval Romance, "A Golden Princess."

In general, I have to say that authors are among the most generous people you'll ever meet. My writing community is filled with talented writers who go out of their way to lift others, share knowledge, cheer, support, and handhold their peers. But they also are fiercely committed to their readers. Anna del C. Dye illustrates these qualities beautifully, as you will discover in her interview today.

Anna is launching a new YA Medieval romance titled, 
"A GOLDEN PRINCESS." It's my pleasure to introduce my readers to Anna del C. Dye and her newest novel.

*  *  *  

Back cover blurb:


Small for her age, Princess Nyala is determined to be noticed and someday rule with fairness and valor in Kaloma. All changes when she looks upon the stars and they predict her accident. After she awakens to a broken body, her father takes to his goblet and she steps into power in her kingdom at sixteen.

Her father said that no man would choose a half-broken princess. Is that how Prince Nicolao sees her after the accident? Her heart is unsure and out of fear she keeps him away to avoid a broken heart.

As soon the other kingdoms in the land determine the predicament of the Royal House of Kaloma, they too will prey on her vulnerability to steal her kingdom. She will have to confront new foes or lose it all.


*  *  *

Q: Anna, what is your favorite thing about being an author?

All the stories I get to write and the many people I get to meet, be they authors or readers. They are all awesome. 

Q: What has surprised you most about being a published author?

How much it means to others what I have to say. It is powerful yet humbling at the same time. On one hand is the responsibility they place on me, and on the other is my responsibility toward them to say something that will help or teach them something great.


Q: You're a busy lady. What do you like to do when you aren't writing?

Spend time with my kids and grandkids, watch movies, Zumba, shop in thrift stores, camp, canoe and read.

Q: Tell our guests one thing do you like most about writing? Least?

I love all the stories that come in my mind. In a way, it is like being a creator and you have the responsibility of the life of your characters.
Least: the time I spend promoting my books. All that time takes away from my writing and enjoying myself creating.

Q: What is your all time favorite book?
Lord of the Rings and second Harry Potter.
  
Q: What advice would you give aspiring writers today?

Take time to edit, join a writer's group and never give up and don't pollute the market with tons of mediocre books a year.

 Q: Writers come up with some crazy scenarios, so tell us, what's the craziest, bravest, or stupidest thing you've ever done?

Left my country at age twenty-one, to marry my husband of thirty-nine years, without ever dating him first. I didn't even speak his language (English), though my husband did speak Spanish. We are blessed with three princes and a princess. Craziest and bravest thing I ever did and I have never looked back.  

That sounds like a book that needs to be written!


And the "Getting to know you" power round:

Favorite food? Spaghettis
Favorite dessert? Cheese Cake
Jeans and T-shirt, or designer clothes? Jeans & T-shirt
Guilty pleasure? Caramels
One word that describes you? Talented
Favorite flower? African Violets
Favorite sport? Broad Sword fights. (WHOA!)

Q: What will your next project be?

"Twin Legend" Is the next book in my Royal Romance series.

Q: Thank you for the Interview, Anna. I want readers to know they can purchase a copy  of "A Golden Princess" at AMAZON, or on SMASHWORDS

My pleasure, Laurie. Thank you for your time and helping promote my YA, Medieval Romance book "A Golden Princess"

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome, Laurie. I thank you for your time and effort in behalf of my new YA Romance. Happy writing to you.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT