Sunday, January 9, 2011

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN . . .

. . .as in, back to work, back to gittin' er done, and in my case, back to the keyboard.

I've got a spring deadline for book five, which we are now pretty certain we're titling, "In God Is Our Trust." After putting out three books in twelve months--"Dawn's Early Light" in December of 2009; "Awakening Avery" in May of 2010; and "Oh, Say Can You See?" in November of 2010--I needed a brief respite, and I retreated to hearth and home for eight weeks with no writing. Fortunately, I've got the bulk of the manuscript finished, and the opening chapters are coming together in my brain, so things should come together nicely.

"Awakening Avery" and "Oh, Say Can You See?" are both currently nominated for Whitney Awards, which is exciting because any recognition at this point is a reflection of reader support. So thank you if you nominated one of my books. The finalists will be announced on February 1st, so please keep your fingers crossed!

I've got a busy week ahead. I hope to write 10,000 words this week and I've got that package to mail off to Glenn Beck. You can read the details below, but if you've got an extra hand, please cross your fingers for that effort as well.

Your letters have been a tremendous boost to me over the holidays. Many thanks to each of you who wrote, facebook-ed me and twittered. I'm so excited to get back to work!

I'll be launching an American History Scavenger Hunt this month, so watch for details on that. The prize packages will be sweet. I've also got another book giveaway posting on Goodreads this month. It will run until January 31st. Last but not least, join me on my blog for the "Dreaming of Books" book blog hop beginning January 14th. As you can see, we've got lots going on as we continue to spread the news about "Oh, Say Can You See?" and muddle through winter.

I hope your New Year looks promising!

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT