Saturday, October 6, 2012

GOING TO THE SOURCE

Anyone who has ever wondered what Mormonism is really about has a great opportunity to hear these principles that way the members do. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is holding its Semi-annual Worldwide Conference this weekend. Church beliefs, history, principles, and point of view will be on full display during two days on addresses.

Here's the schedule:
Session Times
Saturday morning session10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. MDT
Saturday afternoon session2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. MDT
General priesthood session6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. MDT
Sunday morning session10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. MDT
Sunday afternoon session2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. MDT

In the following post you can watch an address by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland about how conference can impact individuals. Let me share my personal love of conference. It reinvigorates me, lifts me, strengthens me, inspires me, and fills me with hope when the weight of the world begins to press in. I feel my Savior's love more personally, and my love for Him pushes the world back for a time. I find answers to my problems, both personal and in regards to my family's needs, and how best to serve my neighbors. Most of all, I am reminded of the counsel God gave Moses: "to be still and know that I am God." We have work to do, but we are not alone, and we can do little if anything without Him. Let Him strengthen and lift you too. Come and listen to a modern prophet's voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT